Image hosted by Photobucket.com



ali

08121988
butterfly in reverse.


ESCAPE
beyond frequency
beyond frequency's blog
OH SIX 1st 3 months!
alicia
andrew
amanda tee
andrea
aloysius
audrey
ailing
bing xing
cornelius
charissa
cheryl
celine
cleo
caleb
christopher
christina
denise
dhiviya
eliz
elaina
eileen
eli
evelyn
eunice
felicia
gangkhu
guangwu
haowen
hazel
jacqueline
joyce
jeffrey
jean
jamie
jasmine
jason
june
jun guang
kwayteow
krystelle
kaye
lester
liyun
lausanne
minjia
michelle
madeleine
maryannne
marcus
mei yee
nu er(ang ang)
nicholas
petrina
paparazzo
rachel
rosel
ryan
sarah !
sharmaine
sarah
sheryl
sondra
symin
shane
shelbunny
tze shun
traces
turaiya
tim swee
tristan
wan su
wei xin
wei zi
wei han
xin li
xy
xing cai
xing zhao
xiao ying
yy
yili
yuli
zhi long


ALL BUT WAS.




SLIPPED AWAY.

November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
April 2007
July 2007



Creative Commons License






CREDITS

designer:haryani


Tuesday, December 19, 2006

RISK.


Surfing through random websites here and there, I came across this page which had my cousin on it (He was being quoted, or more like interviewed about his line of work-something along the military lines).

The one I never really got to know.
More like never realised was my cousin. (Your friend here never was much of a fan of extended family reunions.)
But that's just how death strikes eh?
Randomly,without a regard for one's loved ones, without a care bout' how bright that person's future was gonna be or even how much he/she was going to be missed.

All those possibilities.
Made impossible in a matter of minutes.

That webpage suddenly made me feel like checking out his friendster profile-again, perhaps catch a fragment of what he was like when he was still alive. And when I got to that page, I remembered what I had thought of him when I first laid eyes upon that page.

I had thought to myself,
"wah lau eh, this guy damn loh-soh leh, friendster profile write so much" .

And simply brushed it all off as a bout of loh-soh-ness which most of us undergo when feeling bored to the extreme.

But today, as I reread every single one of those words he had typed, I've come to this realisation that he must have been quite a open person. Open in the sense that he's someone who wears his heart on his sleeve. See, my belief is that most people-that's us, are too humji(chicken) to reveal to everyone who we truly are, what we love, what we believe in. Therefore, to type them all down in such a public webpage, I think that takes alot of courage and risk. Risk especially.

See, during my stayover at the ice and dust dome that is Kry's house, she showed me this poem by some anonymous person, it goes like this -

RISK
To laugh is to risk appearing a fool.
To weep is to risk appearing sentimental.
To reach out for another is to risk involvement,
To expose your feelings is to risk exposing your true self.
To place your ideals,your dreams before a crowd, is to risk their loss.
To love is to risk not being loved in return.
To live is to risk dying
To hope is to risk despair
To try is to risk failure.
Yet risks must be taken.
Because the greatest hazard in life is risking NOTHING.
For the person who risks nothing
Does nothing.
Has nothing
Is nothing.
Self-realisation is harder then self-sacrifice.
Ignoring the literary aspect of this poem, I guess it pretty much describes about how just about everything we do is a risk towards something we're trying to protect.
Yup yup, that's why I think that this cousin I never knew, really ought to be given a heck load of cred for being that somebody most of us have no guts to be.
Anyway, this is a much repeated line among his friends. Taken from his friendster profile, here's some food for thought for you peeps-
"Being contented with what you have makes you happy; but fighting for what you don't have, stretches your happiness ."
- Ong JiaHui(160481-150605)


error

10:59 pm