Image hosted by Photobucket.com



ali

08121988
butterfly in reverse.


ESCAPE
beyond frequency
beyond frequency's blog
OH SIX 1st 3 months!
alicia
andrew
amanda tee
andrea
aloysius
audrey
ailing
bing xing
cornelius
charissa
cheryl
celine
cleo
caleb
christopher
christina
denise
dhiviya
eliz
elaina
eileen
eli
evelyn
eunice
felicia
gangkhu
guangwu
haowen
hazel
jacqueline
joyce
jeffrey
jean
jamie
jasmine
jason
june
jun guang
kwayteow
krystelle
kaye
lester
liyun
lausanne
minjia
michelle
madeleine
maryannne
marcus
mei yee
nu er(ang ang)
nicholas
petrina
paparazzo
rachel
rosel
ryan
sarah !
sharmaine
sarah
sheryl
sondra
symin
shane
shelbunny
tze shun
traces
turaiya
tim swee
tristan
wan su
wei xin
wei zi
wei han
xin li
xy
xing cai
xing zhao
xiao ying
yy
yili
yuli
zhi long


ALL BUT WAS.




SLIPPED AWAY.

November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
April 2007
July 2007



Creative Commons License






CREDITS

designer:haryani


Sunday, October 22, 2006

BACK TO BALESTIER.


This post is LONG overdue.
technically 2 days, but oh wells~
Was kinda overbooked this weekend~

Anyway, happy happy news!
Your's truly is promoted to JC 2 !!!!!!!!!!

:D:D:D:D

Looks like my DDDDS made the cut somehow~
And trust me that piece of news came in the weirdest fashion in the history of 'life determining annoucements'~

See on Friday abang decided that he ought to pay BHSS homage and promote CJ to the 2-3(if they're lucky)Balestierians who would end up in CJ.
And they got the only three ex-Balestierian CJCians to go with him. Technically two, since I'm supposed to be J2 now~

So when the teacher who went along with us asked whether were the three of us from the same class, I really wondered how to tell him that we're from the same class, but different year~ -.-"

Anyway~when the teacher found out I was a repeat he told me straight in the face that abang might not want me there afterall.


"Come on let's face it, it wouldn't be sending the right message if a repeat was introduced."


How did I feel about that line now.
Let's just say that profanity alone isn't enough to convey how I felt then.

But abang just looked at all of us from head to toe, recited our names as though he knew all about us (which was damn freaky) and smiled (more like a smirk) at me and said that yeah, I can go BHSS afterall.

So I so thick-skinned-ly asked him if I was promoted and he smirked (again) and said,
"we'll see".

And here came the highlight of my day : breathing the air of BHSS.

Nevermind the fact that an ass of a teacher and the most un-abangly abang were nearby, nevermind that I didn't know any of those CJCians going back to BHSS with me, our common acknowledgment of Romzee as the most incompetent Physics teacher was enough an ice breaker~

Minutes into the yellow and blue building of BHSS Mrs Po(my sec 4,level coordinator/class form teacher/mentor/pe/english teacher )ran out and hugged me!
lol~

I know I've said this a million and another thousand times, but I LOVE MRS PO!!!
She was like the only person who believed in my decision to repeat back then...

This time last year, I wasn't crying and god knows how many pairs of eyes were watching, just eager for me to burst out in tears.

Sorry, but I'm not that retarded.
I refuse to give those bastards that satisfaction. (Nolite te bastardes carborundorum?)

Last year, everyone was trying to come up with all sorts of lame methods to dissuade me from repeating. If not they'll tell me,"sorry", as if someone died when truth is, someone just got revived by that very same decision.

And Mrs Po was the reason why I held my conviction that not only repeating, but a 180 degree change in subject choice might just work for me. Not even my mum believed that I should have gone to Arts. So yep, I must really thank Mrs Po for being my rock amidst the unwilling rocks of my life!

So yeah, went to that old AVA room which looked kinda cool back then, yet pales in comparison to CJ's ice domes of LT 1, 5 and 6 for the presentation.

Didn't recognize many of those sec 4s, a couple of NP kids perhaps but nope didn't register anything in my head. See 4e1 back then was like a class in a class of its own. Sure we may seem like we've got no one but ourselves and perhaps a couple of other sec 4 classes in our eyes, but if you were part of 4e1, you'd see that alluring and blinding magic we had too, the sort that sorta makes everything else dissapear.

Have you ever fel that way?
A fixation with that very moment that nothing else matters?
hmm.

So abang talked and talked about subject combinations and I almost heard gasps at abang's mentioning of my combination. Really, Lit Maths Econs and H1 hist seemed like a taboo to most of the BHkids.

See, in BHSS, hardly anyone talks about furthering themselves in the humanities , in fact I think thats like a neighbourhood school thing cos' loads of neighbourhoodies who went to AJ kept asking me what future does an Arts student have, just as I had wondered about a couple of years ago.

Damn dumb come to think of it, but oh well, let's rejoice in the fact that that ignorant phase in our lives is over. -.-"

And abang then went on about how no student, regardless of their background or lack of a prestigious alma mater should feel inferior to a student with all that 'prestige', which I thought was the wisest thing I heard abang say, all my almost 2 years in CJ. Kinda sad as I was nodding my head quite furiously, them BHkids sniggered at that very statement.

Honestly I don't see what's so shameful about coming from a neighbourhood school. And what I find shameful is my very need to repeatedly reiterate that view.

Oh yeah, back to the Abang talk.
Can't really remember the exact contents of what he was talking about, but the topic suddenly went to examinations and promotion.

"Alison didn't make it the first time round. But she said 'I think I can do it' and she did. She passed."

F.Y.I My exact words then were, "I CAN DO IT."

And right after he said that, Mrs Po punched the air with a LOUD,"YES!!" ~
lol~I LOVE MRS PO~~~~~~~~

And they gave us BalestierHill bears!! (remember the ones we got during Prom?), except that they were the 2002 version, much cuter really~

Now only 2001 and 2003 bears to go!
hehehe~

It was nice being back in BHSS. But without the Sardines, nice just doesn't seem 'nice' enough.
And don't we all know that 'nice' in the first place meant nothing?


error

9:21 pm