

CREDITS
designer:haryani
Monday, May 29, 2006
Was cleaning up some stuff in my room today.
Kinda a every-6-months thing I do.
And again, here is the list of my surprise finds!
1. A HUGE basket of about 50-60 cachapon capcom toy capsules
hidden under many many old old old stuffed toys.
Actually this shouldn't be of much surprise considering how much I spend on them in one go (last record 15 bucks worth of cachapon capsule toys), but I never expected to have collected THAT many already lah!
2.my old neo-cards!
Those laminated cards from neoprint shops that used to be quite popular until the quality of neos went up? lemme think. Ok, that was DAMN long ago~
3.stacks of letters,notes and cards from all of my dearly beloved!
xy, do you rmb when you first transferred to bhss? When I was a fan of YOUR fanfics and we exchanged random and rubbish-y notes day in day out? When I saw ur handwriting right, I realised your handwriting hasn't changed AT ALL since then, scribbly and messy!
But what lead a half-yearly tradition of mine to a blogpost wasn't the my surprise at NOT finding any dead insects behind boxes of this and that, but those stacks of letters,cards and notes.
Suddenly I really really really really missed the past very very very much.
Missed hanging out with the HUAs(aka. sardines) on a daily basis(nvm the fact that we still hang out,ONCE every week or so isn't enough!),missed the rubbishy stuff we talked about,missed the moments of total randomsity, lameness and childishness we had, missed our breaks whereby all we did was laugh,and laugh and laugh somemore.
Then a few letters and cards on I realised that though our friendship wasn't without any tension or conflict, we still managed to pull through,managed to resolve everything go back to our lame and crappy selves.
But the last card I opened really well....well.
It was a card that angel wrote to me(and asked my mum to only pass it to me on my b'day) when I couldn't celebrate my b'day in Singapore with yy and my huas.
Perhaps it's cos' of the recent well....spat(was it even a spat?) we had.
Now I really wonder have I changed?
And if I did, was it for the better or for the worse?
Was that the reason for the flight?
And why hadn't I seen this coming?
She's supposed to be one of the closest friends of mine, if not the closest.
If that's so, then why couldn't I see it?
Darn it lah.
Darn my stupid and retarded lack of sensitivity towards others.
Darn the constant suanings I do. (pau, it's your fault I'm so desentized towards suaning ppl lah!)
One of the most important things I discovered from that box of letters,cards and notes was how much I'm taking for granted.
Like the HUAs are a sure thing.
Like us still meeting up on a weekly basis 10 yrs later is something without a doubt.
Like our friendship will never change.
Like us changing wouldn't change anything.
I'm not surprised at how optimistic I am about our friendship, but how this optimism is actually a hint of taking things for granted. Think about it, if you weren't taking things for granted, how could you possibly be so optimistic about it? If you're so optimistic about things, would you actively seek ways to PREVENT a potential or possible threat?
Over optimism breeds a taking things for granted attitude.
Not absolutely but possibly and potentially.
Lesson of the year (so far) ?
Never take things for granted.
Especially your friends and the current state of your friendships with them.
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...Angel being gone for the first week of hols, me the 2nd and 3rd and the impeding mid year examinations isn't helping things!
I need divine intervention!
Very badly..
error
9:56 pm