

CREDITS
designer:haryani
Damn thick skin lah this woman!! But the real reason why I divulge Angel's commonly known secret was cos' I admire it. We’re proud people. We refuse to judge ourselves based on what others think. We’re thick-skinned, stubborn and ignorant. But we’re fine with that. Cos’ that’s who we are. Why should you feed of the poison from the clowns’ words?
Monday, September 19, 2005
No lie.
You know how depressing it is to see perfectly fine, nice, supportive ,lame ,gentle ,kind, lame, talented, smart, friendly, talkative, nice, funny, lame, lame, lame, lame, lame. (Did I mention lame? ) friends of your's having such low levels of self esteem or pride in their own selves..
I really don't understand how they couldn't see beyond what society and those shallow ding dongs deem as 'SUCCESSFUL' and see their real beauty, see their true strengths and accept themselves for who they are.
TO HELL with what other people think.
They don't matter!!
If they do, they'll probably accept you while poking fun at one once in a blue moon, all in the name of fun I'm sure.
You know what was one of best pieces of advice I've ever received?
It was from my secondary 2 history teacher, Mrs Tay.
"Being thick skinned is not necessary a bad thing.
It's what protects you from the attacks of those clowns out there.
So if some weird lao ticko stares at you, don't be scared!
Be thicked skinned ,stare back and tell him ," KUA SI MI ?!" "
Lol~
I'll never forget that.
I bet none of the 2e1-ers did forget that too.
Another prim example of thickskinnity (an index of how thick skinned one is) is of course our very dear Angel! (Because she's so technologically slow to be bothered to read ol' humble blog of mine, heck her lah hoh. lol~)
Now Angel isn't exactly what you'd call the most modest person around.
Neither is she the smartest or the most righteous person in this part of Singapore.
But what Angel has is GREAT love for herself.
Ask her, "ehhhh, this one how to do hur?"
Angel : "Liddat loh." *shows how she's done it.
Me : "Eh, answer different leh. "
Angel: "IS IT?! Must be they wrong loh, cos I THINK I'm correct."
Me : ".................."
But good thing she used the word “THINK”
Personal opinion mah~
She has real pride in all that she does, no matter how feeble a result or what others make of it.
Not only so, she holds her head up higher then any of those 180++ about to be 190 cm tall dudes, facing all that’s to come readily.
In fact, we embrace it.
Why should you allow them to succeed in breaking you down?
Why should you even be bothered by what others’ think?
Or what they view as succees?
What they see as good?
They’re no GOD, they’re by no means controllers of our lives and they shouldn’t be!
Who ever said to conform to society’s standards of beauty or succees or happiness equates to being happy?
I’ve always like this line which I quote from Marcus (Lim, BHSS) from his display name after the release of the O’s results. (That was until he became his old self and went back to those love sick lines lah.)
“THE WORLD HASN’T SEEN WHAT WE’RE TRULY CAPABLE OF YET.”
And I believe that.
We have SO much ahead of us.
Would be a real shame to see a work of art be thrown into a rubbish chute just cos’ it’s value isn’t realized yet eh?
Never thought I’d say this, but from this morning’s prayer (Catholic school wad, what to expect) , ”It is during our darkest moments of despair whereby our true abilities are shone.”
Who would have thought those early morning mumblings actually made some sense?!?
Ignorance is bliss.
Now that.
Ain’t no lie.
error
9:59 pm