

CREDITS
designer:haryani
Wednesday, July 13, 2005
NDP Preview 1.
My shoulder blade aches like hell.
Must be those P5s from last Saturday.
Hyper like hell.
Oh yeah.
Forgot to update about that.
I'm participating in this year's NDP.
Nothing much, just yank a piece of cloth over everyone's head, hoping I don't trip over thier bags or the steps, and screaming at )(*&^% kids not to hold on to the cloth.
To be more specific, I'll be involved in this year's NDP's finale.
Sounds damn fancy and grand eh? FINALE~~
Lame segement meant to instil another bang of patriotisim.
And that cloth I'm supposed to yank over everyone's head is the fabric of the nation.
To be honest, I haven't seen it before since we've been practising with dummy cloths only.
And I doubt it'll be those you see at Toa Payoh HDB headquarters.
The dude in charge of us said something about heartlanders finger printing or something.
Don't know, can't remember.
Anyway, it's pretty fun.
Every Saturday we'll have a SBS bus sending us from CJ to the padang where we'll slack for about 5 hours , eat stale food for dinner, have some pretty good views of the jets,helicopters and all. Not to mention.............FIREWORKS!!!! hahaha~
yeah~I'm the fireworks girl~
hahahahaha~
Anyway, last Saturday I was at the first NDP preview. For p5s.
They're a NIGHTMARE lah!
They were running here and there and EVERYWHERE .
Playing catching behind the stands, stomping up and down the temporary stairs when a sign so obviously stated, "PLEASE DO NOT STOMP FEET ON STAIRS" and there was a LARGE queue outside the 5 makeshift toilets behind the stand.
So my group went up to the 4th stand (which we're assigned to)from the left side of the centre stage. At the 4th stand, highest seats, were 2 army dudes,3 teachers and 3 Pei Chun Primary girls.
The girls were so hyper lah~
They were screaming and cheering and singing and chit chatting- all at the same time.
Don't ask me how. I was kinda amazed myself.
They asked me what, SECONDARY school am I from.
I didn't know I look that young.
lol~
Anyway, it was real nice talking to them while sorting the dummy cloth out.
And the army dudes were laughing when I was caught in the middle of the stand quite confused as to which side of the cloth should be yanked over first cos' there was a miscommunication towards the yanking of cloth part. Lame dudes, just sat there and laugh, didn't even help. *(&%^@#
Read. DUMMY cloth. No indicators, no patterns, no nothing.
It's just this stinky pale yellow cloth which smelt of hamster's dung.
Anyway, it's real fun yanking the cloth over people.
But they had to raise thier arms and since we were told to make the cloth taut ABOVE thier heads, all of us were holding the cloth real high lah. Some of my group memebers even had to tip toe in order to make sure the cloth's above the spectators' heads.
Also, on our way down, some (&*^$@# kids held onto the cloth tightly, so the cloth wouldn't leave their hands. I had to scream at them to let it go lah. But I was polite. I said PLEASE.
Alot of us also almost tripped over the steps/bags/garbage bags cos the force of the kids pulling the cloth was too strong for all 8 of us, GIRLS.
Girl Power man!
Oh yeah. I'll post some of the pics my friend took during the NDP some other day.
There's plenty of time for that anyway.
I bet that by the time it's the real NDP all of those involved would have memorised the whole show already~
Not that I mind, as long as I'm enjoying myself, what does?
error
9:56 pm