Image hosted by Photobucket.com



ali

08121988
butterfly in reverse.


ESCAPE
beyond frequency
beyond frequency's blog
OH SIX 1st 3 months!
alicia
andrew
amanda tee
andrea
aloysius
audrey
ailing
bing xing
cornelius
charissa
cheryl
celine
cleo
caleb
christopher
christina
denise
dhiviya
eliz
elaina
eileen
eli
evelyn
eunice
felicia
gangkhu
guangwu
haowen
hazel
jacqueline
joyce
jeffrey
jean
jamie
jasmine
jason
june
jun guang
kwayteow
krystelle
kaye
lester
liyun
lausanne
minjia
michelle
madeleine
maryannne
marcus
mei yee
nu er(ang ang)
nicholas
petrina
paparazzo
rachel
rosel
ryan
sarah !
sharmaine
sarah
sheryl
sondra
symin
shane
shelbunny
tze shun
traces
turaiya
tim swee
tristan
wan su
wei xin
wei zi
wei han
xin li
xy
xing cai
xing zhao
xiao ying
yy
yili
yuli
zhi long


ALL BUT WAS.




SLIPPED AWAY.

November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
April 2007
July 2007



Creative Commons License






CREDITS

designer:haryani


Saturday, May 07, 2005

OCS visit.


Friday the 13th.

This post is dammmmmmmn bloooodddddddy overdue.
Good thing I saved part of this post before my silly computer decided to play the "let's get disconnected" game with me.

Strange thing was, BOTH computers tricked me by saying, "you are connected."
" Connection EXCELLENT" .


CRAP lah.
I cannot even go on MSN or use the bloody internet explorer.

Therefore.....I resorted to use CJ Libary's weird computer, with the weird tables and the weird chairs and no privacy.

This is not the complete post which I intended to post.

Continue with it when my computer's back alive.

OCS visit.

I went into a male toilet today!

lol~

My first time wohhhh~

Anybody wants to
buy 4d?
lol~

No lah~
The army dudes at OCS just converted one of their many many many MALE toilets into a FEMALE one just to accommodate us.

Today we had an NE
trip to OCS.
Officer Cadet
School.

Last year the CJ J1s went to tekong for NE
trip, this year J1s go to OCS.
At OCS, we saw the NJ muggers [opps] , and the SA "saints" [Opps again!].
Heck, even SR's going to tekong for NE
trip.
And a not so reliable source of mine just said IJ got some Security Seminar on National Service.
HAR HAR.

JCs' NE
trips are always so as to send us to some ulu part of Singapore to see army dudes play guns eh?

HAR HAR.

At first I was wondering what the heck do they want us girls to go to OCS for.
When I reached OCS [CJ got us all buses to bring us there. Poor NJ had to go
home by themselves. HAHA.] I realised why.

Cos the army dudes are seriously EXTREMELY deprived of any whiff of feminism at their training camps be it tekong....tuas...whatever...

I'm not saying they all zoomed out of their bunks to ogle at girls from CJ/NJ/SA or anything [ok, maybe they were] but it was a short but succinct visit to their bunks that brought me to my conclusion.

In the bunks open for show..............
Their bloody walls are entirely covered with posters from
FHM,MAXIM and who knows what other MCP[Male-Chauvinist-Pigs] themed magazines.

So I just casually asked one of the more highly ranked Cadet Officers [they're not officers YET.] , "So is every bunk somewhat like the bunks here? "

OCT : "Ehhhh....somewhat similar larhh...we wanted to remove the posters so as not to inoculate bad values to you kids, but we thought that's not being realistic LARH"

As realistic as it is.

As fake as those boobs and butts were.

LOL~

Deprived man these dudes.

And you'll be surprised at how FAIR most of them are.
Can fight with June man~
To think they've gone through BMT and all that training shit under the sun.

My tour guide [alvin] said that they have their trainings in their army uniform,with the shelves rolled down. Also, they have camo-paint over their faces, so the sun barely reaches them at all except for maybe a little 'v' at the neck .

But nevertheless, a man in uniform is always an impressive sight. [I DID NOT ogle. ]
But still a impressive sight.
hAR.

Yeah. Had alot of fun at OCS today suaning my tour guide.
Pity him xia~
kanna ject-ed by me so many times~

Dunno was it deliberate or not.
HAHA.

Oh yeah.
At OCS, everything's symbolic and symbolizes something.

The parade square's 'sacred' so we couldn't cut across it.
The OCS crest's fern has altogether 88 leaves to symbolizes SAFFTI'S 88 Hectares.
The OCS's watch tower has altogether 267 [around there, can't remember the exact number. ]steps to symbolize the no. of days an OCT spends at SAFFTI.

The OCS was built in such a way that as you move higher[lower grounds to higher grounds] , literary, the higher ur level of leadership.
And the blocks in OCS are in colours of PINK, YELLOW and GREEN [ peranakan colours] to remind them to never forget their roots.

etc. etc.ETC.
Yep, practically every part of the OCS architecture had some significant symbolism.
Like what Rachel said , "The toilet bowls are round to symbolize unity.

And the toilets are white to symbolize purity. "

LOL~


In between the tours I did learn some new stuff too .
The stuff about how important a role the army plays in Singapore's security and all.
You'll be amazed at how much these poor dudes had to go through.

Tear gas samples, being thrown into jungles with nothing at all, Physical trainings from hell, the usual lots and lots of nonsensical punishments....etc...etc...

And of course, being away from the comforts of home....their families and their um girlfriends~ [FHM poster in front of bed, girlfriend picture next to bed. FARNEY.]

Okok.

They still have to go through and endure loads of other shit.
Appreciate our army boys k!
They still have to be tour guides cum part time NE teachers for little kids like us, explaining to us their beloved OCS, importance of national security, loyalty to country and willingness to serve Singapore.

Like wow.

I love Singapore and all.
And I'm willing to serve when time calls for me .
But I never really showed that side of patriotism did I?

It was always the waving of those miniature Singapore state flags and the singing of National day songs.

But was there more to it?

It was all Mind-power/brain power/pea-runned power.
Whatever.

Maybe it's time to be more proactive in what I believe in.


I believe that PW should be abolished.
Or at least please just change my group mates?

HAR HAR.



error

12:19 am