Image hosted by Photobucket.com



ali

08121988
butterfly in reverse.


ESCAPE
beyond frequency
beyond frequency's blog
OH SIX 1st 3 months!
alicia
andrew
amanda tee
andrea
aloysius
audrey
ailing
bing xing
cornelius
charissa
cheryl
celine
cleo
caleb
christopher
christina
denise
dhiviya
eliz
elaina
eileen
eli
evelyn
eunice
felicia
gangkhu
guangwu
haowen
hazel
jacqueline
joyce
jeffrey
jean
jamie
jasmine
jason
june
jun guang
kwayteow
krystelle
kaye
lester
liyun
lausanne
minjia
michelle
madeleine
maryannne
marcus
mei yee
nu er(ang ang)
nicholas
petrina
paparazzo
rachel
rosel
ryan
sarah !
sharmaine
sarah
sheryl
sondra
symin
shane
shelbunny
tze shun
traces
turaiya
tim swee
tristan
wan su
wei xin
wei zi
wei han
xin li
xy
xing cai
xing zhao
xiao ying
yy
yili
yuli
zhi long


ALL BUT WAS.




SLIPPED AWAY.

November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
April 2007
July 2007



Creative Commons License






CREDITS

designer:haryani


Thursday, March 17, 2005

Transparencies and Stands.


Transparencies and Stands.


Just when I was starting to feel better about constantly having to repost an entry, I lost another one.

I am cursing in my head.

Anyway.
A petition's up!
This one's about "High Bus Fares for Polytechnic students" by Pang Khin Wee .

Well, it seems like the polytechnic people are finally speaking up after generations of suffering without concession. After all how fair is a system whereby SMRT and SBS charge polytechnic students adult fares while JC students only pay 45cents per trip.

Stange how none of us really knows the reasoning behind the bus companies' policy to charge polytechnic students more then JC students when our government aims to be 'transparent with all operations' .

Kick themselves in the mouth.
That's what I for one like to describe government bodies ,be it local or abroad.

Maybe I don't have much information to garner me a 'critiquing-warrant' now, but if our government's really as 'transparent' as they claimed themselves to be, would I even be puzzled over the disparencies between the fare prices for JC and poly students to start with ?

If our society is truly an open and mature one would I have to resort to using Ol' humble blog of mine to air my thoughts?
Solidify my views?

If it was as open and mature as opposed to be, I would have yanked out a sound amplifier to really SOUND my views ages ago.

That pretty much tells you what I think about our sunny little island now doesn't it?

Now, I believe most of us have the desire to make Singapore a better place for everyone . Just that some really can't be bothered about the whole casino hoo-haa, the Chinese teaching methods debate much less the Education revamp.
So, let's start small now shall we?
Let's start with something close to heart : Concession.

Personally I think it's VERY unfair that Polytechnic students have to pay so much more then JC students. If I am a Polytechnic student, I'd also be pretty put off by the dis-equality of concession rates.

"What if you lose your concession through this petition? "
"Equality wadddd . "

So be it then.
Maybe then the Polytechnic students wouldn't grumble about the disparrencies between the JC and Polytechnic students and stop throwing us the JC students death stares as though our great ancestors stole their pigs or something when we scan our cards in front of them, showing them the '45 cents deducted' unknowingly .

On top of that, if concession was made equal for all JC/Poly/ITE students [or taken away altogether now] , people from NYP might stop staring at us AJCians like we've all sot diao-ed when we go to NYP's numerous, airy, relaxing, affordable and most importantly DELICIOUS cafeterias [note : Not one cafeteria but cafeterias] in our school uniforms for lunch .

lol~

Whichever side you support, make it heard. Make it known.

Petition's site : http://www.petitiononline.com/polybus/petition.html

Afterall, even our beloved PAP wants us to constantly give their 'transparent operators' feedback now don't they?


error

7:30 pm