Image hosted by Photobucket.com



ali

08121988
butterfly in reverse.


ESCAPE
beyond frequency
beyond frequency's blog
OH SIX 1st 3 months!
alicia
andrew
amanda tee
andrea
aloysius
audrey
ailing
bing xing
cornelius
charissa
cheryl
celine
cleo
caleb
christopher
christina
denise
dhiviya
eliz
elaina
eileen
eli
evelyn
eunice
felicia
gangkhu
guangwu
haowen
hazel
jacqueline
joyce
jeffrey
jean
jamie
jasmine
jason
june
jun guang
kwayteow
krystelle
kaye
lester
liyun
lausanne
minjia
michelle
madeleine
maryannne
marcus
mei yee
nu er(ang ang)
nicholas
petrina
paparazzo
rachel
rosel
ryan
sarah !
sharmaine
sarah
sheryl
sondra
symin
shane
shelbunny
tze shun
traces
turaiya
tim swee
tristan
wan su
wei xin
wei zi
wei han
xin li
xy
xing cai
xing zhao
xiao ying
yy
yili
yuli
zhi long


ALL BUT WAS.




SLIPPED AWAY.

November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
April 2007
July 2007



Creative Commons License






CREDITS

designer:haryani


Friday, February 11, 2005

Post Cell Destruction Thoughts.


Post Cell Destruction Thoughts.


Yay!
End-of-visiting-of-relatives-who-are-not-close-to-me-AT-ALL.

Now I sound so bloody anti-social don't I?
And to think these cousins of mine are around our age.
Ok. Almost all of them.
Ok. Almost all that I'm even willing to talk to.

There's no bad blood between us [obviously that's because we share the same blood lines..] .
But I just don't "hit off" with them.

So year after year ,ever since I can't even remember when, I was sort of the odd one out among all my cousins, the wallpaper. They have nothing to say to me, I have nothing to say to them. Pure human behavior. I understand.

So we just keep our noses off other people's business...like total strangers.
And they say that Chinese New Year is a time for family gatherings...yadah yadah...
There you have it. My dislike for the whole "bai-nian-ing" hoo haa.

But other then having just about a few thousand odd millions of cells dying at my paternal and maternal relatives' places...
Graceee mummy and I went to Angel's place to bai nian. Erm,it was sort of unplanned~ We only wanted to go there to get some snacks to bring over to my place~

How did we even wind up there on the first day of the
Rooster year?

One weird.
SIAN.
So the 3 of us sneaked out of bai-nian-ing ,tutorials and 10 comics completion targets to go to the oh so very deserted Novena Square.
Just for the record, I was the one trying to finish 10 comics in a whooooooop~
And
Grace's blue highlights.....didn't even "appear".
Just thought I'd let you peeps know~

As usual, we did what we allllllllwayyyyyysssss do whenever we meet up- Be lame and Crap!
I reckon our laughter preetttty much noise-ed up the whole of BurgerKing~

After an hour ++ there we noticed this dude from BK who kept circling our booth. Yep. He wants us out. So.......fine lah, we left that "joint" for Angel's place to get some snacks.

There we received an ang pow each ! How nice of Mr and Mrs Lau eh?

Yeah..bounced to my place after that.

Along the way we passed by one of my neighbours' place.
A large family of Malays were just leaving this Chinese Family's household.
That's quite a rare sight eh?
Ok, for
ME.

It's pretty amazing. No matter how people describe Singapore as a 'Multi-racial' country....I never thought of our society as a very 'racially-cohesive' society. It's like saying "Hi" to a friend you only know by name but not by heart/mind/soul. There's no conflict between the two friends...but somehow they're just not that close. If you get what I mean anyway.

Why do I feel so?
Seriously...after 4 years of secondary education at a government school, I can name no Malay/Indian/Eurasian/any other race's school mate whom I consider a "close friend", except perhaps
Krystelle. [not inclusive friends from my Primary school]
And to think one of the aims of MOE is to develop us , generation Y into a generation with stronger bonds between the different racial/religion groups. Guess in that sense they failed. Oh well...every organization has it's flaws eh? Without them what's the point in upgrading ,improvement and complaints from nosey parents.
Man, that'll be prettttty boring wouldn't it?

Anyway...we just crapped and lamed in my room until
Grace had to go. Then Angel and I went to Revenue house to lame and crap instead.

Angel asked me , "What is it about Poly that you don't like?" .


This made me think...

Let me state this first. I DO NOT look down/despise/buay soong anyone from the 5 polytechnics we have. In fact I'm rather blown away by how far they've come and the 'reviews' they're getting these days from educationists at home and abroad. Not to mention the raves industrialists have been giving them lately.

Call me a
'stereotype-er'
, but frankly, one of the many reasons why I want to go to a JC is cos' it's more 'prestigous' as society has cruelly labeled it to be.

Lame.

I know.

And it's not as though the polys are inferior compared to the JCs. B
BUT.....due to my parents' frame of mind...they exterior-based mentality.....
I choose a JC.

Anyway you don't know me.
You don't know how I grew up.
Nope, you don't.

I had a happy and blind childhood.
But I had a omni-present father.

All I can say is, in the past, he NEVER respected or trusted me. Not once. Not even when I entered my teenage years.

Why ? I have no idea.
I wasn't THAT bad a kid in the past just the usual case of laziness and slackiness...ok...by my own standards~
So yeah...naturally I wouldn't SHINE during exams would I?
And I guess that's why I never had his respect or trust and I guess that's why I hated him so in the past...

But....ever since a sudden 'stint' of mugging I had in sec2. For the first time in my life I was actually in the top 3 for an exam[mid year], not a subject, not some lottery game .

His face simply glowed with pride when I presented to him that faithful report card.
And for the first time in my life he told me he's proud of me.

The days after that were like the happiest days I had with my father. I would deliberately stay up late just to wait for him to come home. After that we'll just talk. Politics..economics....my siblings...school....my romance intolerance....

And during one of these heart to heart talks we had it struck me that as the oldest kid of my folks I had to be responsible for my siblings .I had to be a role model for them. I set the standard.

So yeah...that pretty much explains where I got my drive to do well in my studies from. What you people fondly refer to as "MUGGER-NESS" and "XIONG-NESS" .

I really hope to stay in aj.
Not only cos' I LOVE aj.
But cos' I want to be someone my parents can be proud of.

Someone I can be proud of.



error

1:10 am