

CREDITS
designer:haryani
Friday, February 11, 2005
Pink and Red Disgust.
Pink and Red Disgust.
I'm disgusted.
A swift glimpse of Friendster presented to me a screen of PINK and RED.
A brief vist to Ochard OG showed me PINK and RED hearts EVERYWHERE.
A round in Plaza Singapura saw me squeeze through seas of people.
Singles buying V-day presents for who knows who....
Angel was seen[by me] giving out PINK flyers for Vines near Novena Square.
Lol~that I don't mind~it's not everyday you seen Ms Lau holding something PINK.
Yep. Everything revolves around ONE common theme- Valentine's Day.
Sian.
And I'm not saying that cos' I have no Boyfriend.
In fact I'm quite relieved I have no boyfriend for reasons I really shouldn't state in order not to offend our Singaporean dudes.
Lalala~
Honesty is brutal.
Truth bites.
Light stings.
Understand this.
Anyway....
As I was saying...I'm utterly, most out-rightly DISGUSTED by the whole blow up of V-day this year. Even more than the previous years' crap.
Ever noticed how commercial Vday is EVERY year?
The stock markets see a sudden rise in the price of Roses.
Restaurants everywhere rush to get PINK and RED signboards outside their doors ready. Rush to plan out a dinner exclusively for TWO people. Some even throw in free violinists and champagne into the whole package.
Let me predict the oh-so-very-predictable Vday come Monday...
On that day....everyone would receive chocolates from their friends....PINK and RED packages, with red roses from their other halves and MAYBE mysterious PINK and RED gifts with no indication of who it was from .
OOOOhhhh~that'll be interesting wouldn't it? Lol~
I say this first ah.
I won't give no mysterious PINK and RED gifts with no indication that it's from me to ANYONE.
So yeah, stop dreaming already~
Joking lah! But I really wouldn't do anything as SILLY [ok what some of you peeps feel that is SWEET] as that.
Seriously....if you really love someone....
How's an internationally stated day of Romance gonna affect your celebration of love for someone else?
Yes it's a day to celebrate your deep affections for one another.....but why only on this day?
If you're in love, wouldn't everyday be a special day for you and your object of love?
What difference is another cupid's arrow in your already-cupid's arrow filled butt gonna make?
Sheesh~
Typical Singaporeans.
Ahh....Let's see.....the restaurants would all be crowded...everywhere would be packed with couples holding hands....girls comparing to see who's got the most roses....the more desperate ones buying roses for themselves then saying it's for their friends....a sudden "COUPLE-DOM" everywhere you turn.
Valentine's Day is in fact rather creepy come to think about it.
See ahh...on this day, the love confession rate will definitely soar due to the desperate fact that despos everywhere don't wanna spend V-day with a SINGLE-status.
With a rise in the confession rate, the rate of rejects made would most definitely rise too.
With a rise in the number of rejects, the rate of the lonely and depressed would rise too.
Those with weak wills might even commit suicide.
A little extreme towards the end....but it makes sense doesn't it??
Agree?
Then again I don't really care whether do you agree or not do I ?
Hold on.
Am I even supposed to have views about this whole V-day hoo haa?
I'm the Romance-intolerant remember?
Lol~
Just my two or three cents worth.
Nothing to it.
error
9:38 pm