

CREDITS
designer:haryani
That's me. Where's you?
Volunteers have been turning up at Singapore Press Holdings' News Centre daily to help out with the tsunami relief effort with nary a complaint.
Bloggers everywhere have been filing firsthand reports from the areas devastated by southern Asia's deadly tsunamis . All urging their 'patrons' to help in some way.
Sunday, January 02, 2005
That's me. Where's you?
"World raises $3b for tsunami-hit countries. "
"DHL lends a helping hand to SPH. "
"PSA waives port handling charges. "
2005 was welcomed with muted celebrations , modest displays , moments of silence . Some even exchanged a high New Year Countdown party for a prayer session. The tsunami hit victims were remembered by all, one way or another.
This made me think...Perhaps mankind isn't as cold as I thought. Perhaps there is hope for us.
But, seconds later,my contradicting self shot back, another thought jolted in : Is it for real? Will it even last? Or is this just another 'one-time-thing' ?
Is it just me and my cynical thoughts or is that the truth?
Are we really feeling for them, giving out hearts out to them, tearing for them , for real? Or are we simply doing what we SHOULD be doing during such a period of tragedy?
I'm sorry for doubting you peeps, but seriously, that's how I feel .
What are we fighting for ?
Our face? How we'd look if we don't express sympathies or condolences for those grief-struck victims? What others would think if we don't feel and act in the same way as they do ?
What are you ashamed of? Who you really are? Or the fact that you don't have yourself with you on this journey ?
So many questions, so many emotions, which one is your's ?
Amusing isn't it? One part of me wants to embrace life with arms wide open , with mind ready to receive , while the other part of me is questioning the source, debating against it for reasons which I cannot even remember.
Not only that, even though we learn lessons from the tragedies struck upon us, how long will it be before we get swept away by our own trivial concerns such as mineral bottle prices and siao lao tikos agian?
On marches in 2005 . Do me, the world and yourself a favour, go in search of your own thoughts, your own emotions, yourself.
Again, you peeps have every right to disagree. I don't care. I'm simply telling you peeps what I think. I'm not setting out to sway your thoughts and your perspectives, or to wage war against your ideals .
I'm in a nutshell just being me.
error
5:59 pm