

CREDITS
designer:haryani
Yeah...guess that's about all went on on the last day of Orientation. Had a blast on that day, but again, I was pissed off by quite a number of other things as well. OK! Began the day with a 'interaction period' with the J2s. We were brought to this Arts class with well, quite a few 'interesting' people. They kept offering us food like, peanut butter sandwiches, nutella sandwiches, chips, salty apples(apples sunk in salt water), chocolate cakes(the cheap cheap type), cheese cakes (the cheap cheap type) and etc.. In the class, our dwelling was split into another 4 groups. The J2s will then rotate themselves around the 4 sub-gropus. When they come to your sub-group , your SUPPOSED to ask them questions about AJ and stuff, like perhaps "how's JC life? " things like that.. BUT, all of them like to do this "self-introductory" segment and everyone has to introduce him/herself all over again like 5 ,6 times? By the time the whole sub-group finished introducing themselves, times up, swap time. Some interacting session eh? Nevermind . I managed to get a few questions answered later on anyway. The group of J2s I was assigned to was alright, except for this Indian girl (not being racist here, but that's the one prominant feature about her that I can remember) who contantly complained about everything, the weather, her hunger, her thirst, bloody CIP...yadah yadah.. The thing about such programs like College CIP, Orientation, Camps...the mood of just one member of the team/group/dwelling/whatever you want to call it , is enough to affect the mood of the entire team/group/dwelling/whatever you want to call it. So yeah, her constant complaints were kind of a dampener. Nevermind. Elizabeth (a Cedarian) went door-knocking with me most of the time. It was quite alright , I guess. We didn't managed to get alot ,cos' Anderson Secondary went around the neighbourhood the day before our collection, collecting what we are collecting , also, at the time we went around collectiong, nobody's home. So yeah, didn't manage to get alot, but on the bright side, we didn't get any doors slammed right into our faces . hee~ Later on, my dwelling , Hera went to Ang Mo Kio Central's KFC to have lunch. It was really fun, we just chit chatted, gossiped and lame-ed around for about an hour or so. We got this guy from our OG to do a forfeit of sliding down the chicky slide in KFC. FUNNY sia~~Apparently my OGL thought the dude's cute, so all of us tried to take a picture of him for her~~Ahh...now this reminds me of the sickening thing about my OG. The guy sliding, is in a clique within the dwelling.This clique sat so far away from the rest of us at KFC that my OGL almost rushed all the way back to AJ cos' she thought she had lost them. This clique comprises of 3 dudes and 2 gals. It's only been 5 days since we've known each other, and already, withing the dwelling itself, a clique is formed. A sub-group withing a group. Whenever we want to get something done, this group will just stick onto one another and be anti-social. PLEASE loh~we're in a group, we're together in this, we're all blur sotongs in a new school, what's the distinguishment for? CRAP. [If you're one of them,and you're reading this, I think it's shit that you treated the rest of us like this. ] OK, back to the KFC part. It was only there, that all of us realised that we (including the OGL) could not stand certain persons in our group, and strangely ,because of that we had alot to talk about from there. I know it's bad and all to gossip behind people's back...but SERIOUSLY, if you're in my OG, I HIGHLY doubt that any of you can stand them any more that I could. Later on, my OGL picked a guy(Alan) and me from our dwelling to perform in the tribe skit. There are 6 tribes, in each tribe, there's 6 dwellings, so yeah, 2 per dwelling to perform for their tribe. Alan and I from Hera, for Zeus. Our skit was damn LAME. But at least it was entertaining enough to win. The script goes like this... Narrator : Once upon a time, there was an almighty tribe called Zeus, which had a sissy tribemaster called 'sissy'. Guy would sashay out in a VERY gay-like manner (very commendable acting, if I do say so myself). Narrator : However the evil one (Mojo jojo) came and threatened to disrupt this wonderful tribe's peace. Mojo jojo : I am MOJO JOJO. And I am here to kidnap YOU! (points at sissy) Sissy : Tao Yan! (in a VERY sissy manner) Mojo JoJo : eeee ye..DISCUSTING! Take him away! (sissy is kidnapped) Narrator : And so Zeus sent it's most powerful S.W.A.T team to rescue the tribemaster. *Four guys doing the charlie's angel's pose, with the mission impossible theme in the background provided by the tribe. And they start to search in a very monkey manner. * Narrator : After 10 minutes of ARDOUS and DIFFICULT search, they decided to send the best among the team ,' Ash Ketchup ' to fight the Evil one. *Powerpuff Girls fly out to get the whole tribe to do a Zeus Cheer* Mojo sends out Machamp(a pokemon). Ash sends out Golumn. Golumn : Where is my preciiiiiiouuuuussssss... Machamp ignores and coninues to pose. Golumn : Dong xi zhai nah ne?? Machamp continues to ignore. Golumn : AHEM! Mojo: she mo dong xi? Wo bu zhi dao! Golumn: No precioussss, no fight! Golumn goes to sleep. Ash kicks golumn away. Ash sends out ZEUS *Zeus cheer!* Zeus and Machamp do lots of actions like cartwheels...turns and everything...finally come to each other and..."scissors paper STONE! " And Mojo's Machamp loses! Mojo then sent out Neo. But Zeus did the Matrix kick (with 4 guys holding him up lah) and Neo fell. Mojo finally sends out Sun WuKong. Mojo: Sun WuKong ! I choose you! Sheng Long Shi Ba Zhang! Sun Wu Kong does a dragonball pulling action and from her, a basketball(someone is holding it lah) shoots out and goes for Zeus, who dodged it with the slow motion action thingy . (Narrator gives commentaries.."the ball goes right for Zeus. But no. Zeus ducked! He's about to score...AH! No ! He misses!" And finally Zeus thorw out thunder balls and MoJo was defeated. Mojo : Team Mojo flying off at the speed of light! Narrator : Once again the day is saved all thanks to the Powerpuff girls and Zeus! Sissy jumps out , says "And me and me!!" +End+ LAME right?? I can't believe I actually came up with some parts of it as well~~LoL~Had lots of fun planning and performing it anyway. After that, cheers and mass dance (Slam Dunk), forgotten some of the steps ,but nevermind , still very fun~ Yeah...all ended with the rain chased away, bubbles in the clear night sky and light sticks swayingin the air. We gave both our OGLs a card each (Both very cute! I bought wan leh!) and they gave us lots of sweets and chocolates before the stupid teacher-in-charge shooed us away at 10 pm. After Orientation , people would normally hang around, maybe take pictures , exchange gifts or plan for a next gathering or maybe even supper. But, NO, the old dude does not understand. He wants us out before the residents living in the area start complaining. What a party-pooper ! On my way home, I met this other girl called Wan Hui, also in AJC for the 1st 3 months. We both got off at the same stop and so I went over to say Hi. When I said that my name was Alison, she immediatly went " aLi??? " .Yep, apparently she's a friend of my kway teow~ She said that she thought I was 'Meril' (is that even how it's spelled? Heck~). Meril is this RGS gal also in AJ . I think. I didn't know I have the 'Raffles' look, Lol~ For the past 5 days I had been called 'Meril for about 3, 4 times and a netballer thrice. About the Meril thing, I personally find it very amusing how two people can look so similar . Distant, distant,distant,distant relatives perhaps? Can't wait to meet this Meril girl. Lol~ Meet my Ah Mah later on, went for a drink cos' the both of us were straved terribly(ok, maybe me more.) And we just sat on the steps of Revenue house to chat, both with a bottle of snapple each.Went home around 12:30 am. That's the end of my Orientation. The end of the JC honeymoon. Wonder what comes next.
Saturday, January 08, 2005
The End Of Orientation. The Begining of..What?
The End Of Orientation. The Begining of...What?
Yesterday was the end of Orientation at AJC.
A summary of the day.
error
2:00 pm