

CREDITS
designer:haryani
Is that a good or bad thing?
Tuesday, January 11, 2005
Dilemma.
Dilemma.
Week 2 since school began.
First few days of actual lessons and 'school'.
I have four words to sum it up.
I don't like it.
Another two words.
At all.
Monday. You go and line up at your respective class. Wah....everyone was so guai and lined up neatly AT THEIR OWN CLASSES just as told. [If you're not from BHSS, in BHSS, we NEVER line up properly until we're screamed at about 5,6 times. We normally sit in 'clusters' before school starts. Not in straight, neat, tidy lines and in register order somemore!]
Then it was lectures all day at that bloody cold auditorium of AJ. Did I mention that it's impossible to sleep in the auditorium? The auditorium's tables are all loose and pathetically puny. The minute you lean a cm forward too much or let go of your desk, it collapses, bringing everything down.
What's wrong with that?
Hello? Pens, papers, stationary,handphones and who knows what people display on their tables falling, that's no hush hush matter you know. When a table collapses, the whole auditorium knows someone was dozing. Sometimes I really wonder whether the tables were purposely made that way~~
Economics was interesting...but that's only because my lecturer talked so fast we were all left panting just trying to get everything she's saying.So yeah, economics was a class no one slept in.
Maths....the biggest favour I could do for myself and the kindest thing I could do for my lecturer is to just do those stupid tutorials and not listen to what he is saying. Serious! Listening would mean falling asleep. So which is better , listening, then falling asleep? Or not listening but completing the work and understand what's going on?
Physics...I tried...I really really really really tried my darnest not to doze off. I was sitting right in front of the lecturer and I really really really fought one hell of a battle before falling. Alseep that is. Didn't let go of my table though~haha~ Physical quantities, what did you expect?
Other subs...haven't gone for those classes yet, but my chem teacher's alright. Damn lame and a shirt-tucker[person who goes around barking at people to tuck in their shirts]. Other then that...he seems harmless for now..
Oh yeah. I have big news to annouce. I am the monitress of 23/05 of AJ.
Shocked ? I am too.
No biggie actually. How I became monitress? I find it abit ridiculous too...
The gal standing right at the front was asked by my PDG tutor to be the temporary monitress. Girls, shy lah(but not me k! ), so she declined. Next in line was me. PDG tutor asked me, before I could answer, mari kita yahh liao~~I turn around, she's gone. Yeah. My very first time being a monitress. Get over the shock lah!
Another jaw dropper---> on the first day of lectures, there were already LOTS of people doing tutorials and studying during break time. OMG.
After just 2 days of REAL jc life...I'm beginning to think that JC-life may not be the ONE for me. See, when we're talking about paths to take in the future...we're not just talking about any ONE path. We're only interested in the RIGHT one.
Hectic schedules, rushed lectures, even later nights....just don't sound, seem, taste, smell, feel like the kinda lifestyle that I want. JC just sounds like a repetition of what we went through for our O's. Only the papers get longer, you sit there screwing your mind harder, you mug like never before.
Honestly, I don't think it's a question of "Are you gonna stay in AJ after you get your results?". It is now more of a " do you want to go JC?" question now. The super low laptop rates for poly students and their sooo many lovely canteens are REALLY very attractive too you know.. lol~
And frankly...I'm REALLY reluctant to go JC now.
On the other hand, my parents are very particular about the whole "JC is more prestigious" issue. Just the other day, when I CASUALLY mentioned to my mum that I MIGHT be choosing the poly route instead, she almost choked on air.
And a few weeks ago, my dad was being damn haolian to all my relatives about the fact that I'm gonna attend jc for first 3 months cos' none of my cousins in the same generation, is eligible to go to a jc. If I don't continue with this whole JC-sucks-but-still-attend-anyway , my dad would be very paiseh wouldn't he? By then, I think I'd probably experience a severe allowance cut or something~lol~But seriously, no child would want to deliberately disappoint their parents right? At least I don't. So yeah...JC...Poly...JC...Poly...
Sighz....Let's just wait and see where these first 3 months will deliver me... Just 3 months....I still have a looong way to go~
error
8:18 pm