

CREDITS
designer:haryani
Sunday, November 28, 2004
Society Talk.
Society Talk.
She only sees what she wants to see.
She does not care about the people around her.
Only her manicure and pedicure appointments.
What are we all changing into? Just another generation of apathetic and ' don't know,don't care ' people? Have you ever sat down and carefully thought of what you are actually fighting for? What do you want this society to become?
"If we seek change only because we are personally affected, then we are not a gracious society. It should concern all of us even if it's one poor, uneducated,sick or lonesome." ,quoted from Mr Paul Tan in the Sunday Times.
Honestly,I occasionally cannot stand people who who have no views about anything at all or only have concerns over their own selfish selfs.
Then I stop and think...am I one of these people too?
It's quite ironic to say that you hate a particular type of person and suddenly realise you may sometimes be what you hate the most.
My blog entries may sometimes seem serious to you peeps but remember , this is my blog. I don't blog to make anyone happy. I blog to tell you what I care about. What I think the world should be like.
OK,back to topic!
I personally find it quite strange to have society classes. There are the ah bengs,the lians,the English-only snobs,the cheena squad,the pot-bellied old tikos..etc...
I mean,come on,all humans are genetically 99.99999999 % identical. What's the classification for?
When we are alive,we are all so different. Living different dreams and having different hopes. But when we die,everyone is the same-- devoid of all that they once had except for one last certificate, the death certificate.
So, before you peeps go dismissing anyone as a particular 'type' of people and cracking jokes about them,remember they are not so different from you. They have feelings too. They know what's it like to be scared, alone and worse-emotionless.
Ahh...Another quality of human nature I really despise-- criticism of people who are well...'different' from the rest of us.
We live in a free country. Our ancestors fought for liberation. ]
Can't we liberate our minds too?
There,my steam is released.
Don't worry, nothing happened to me.
Just telling you peeps what I think of our world...
error
1:10 pm