

CREDITS
designer:haryani
Saturday, November 27, 2004
The 8th Dec. My day.
The 8th Dec. My day.
Once again,I'm actually retyping this entry cos my computer died on me just now.
Ok,nevermind,this is an important topic to me,so NEVERMIND...I retype~~
OK! This year,for the first time in my 15 years, 10 months and 27 days of life,I'm not gonna be celebrating my birthday in Singapore with all you peeps. Instead I'll be in China looking at some mountain and guessing what landform it takes.
Whoopi~
Haha~Why China and such an awkward day to fly off? Cos my super-duper-luper blur dad (and you peeps say I'm blur~sheesh~) FORGOT to book tickets for the flight to China earlier. At first we were supposed to go New Zealand in fact. But once again...he FORGOT to book early so now we're going to China. Ok lah...I don't mind...always go to city areas can be kinda boring too. Just hope this holiday would turn out alright...Otherwise I'll just scream at my dad ahh~
In fact,just last night I almost fought with my mum over the whole I'm-gonna-miss-my-birthday-in-Singapore thingy. Before the fight actually started..I just walked away. It'll be kinda dumb to fight my mum over this anyway. After all,this holiday trip to China is supposed to give my family and I a chance to relax and have fun together.
You peeps might think I making too much of a fuss over my birthday,but I guess that's just the way that I am. It's not everyday you become sweet sixteen you know..and I'm the kinda person who really cherishes such days..these are days worth celebrating. Birthdays are the celebration of the day God granted us life. Life may be sucky and all at times...but whether you want your's in light ...or in the dark..that's all our choice,a sucky life is NOT God's doing. It's your own.
So yeah...this year I won't be celebrating my sweet sixteen with you peeps and yy..so enjoy the celebration of yy's b'day on the 8th dec this year! (see I sooooo nice hoh yy? Let you have one whole day to yourself~lol~) .
Why despite what I've said above,I still don't want a birthday celebration with you peeps this year?
Well...a celebration of a birthday on any other day besides your birthday just wouldn't feel right you see. Also,it's not as though my family isn't gonna celebrate with me . So yeah,I'm happy with that too. =)
Birthdays are celebrations of the granting of life to us from God.
They mark our changes and maturity over the years.
They tell you when to grow up,when to face up to the demons of life.
They show you how lucky you are to have survived this long,when everywhere all over the rest of the world is dying.
They stop you from digging your nose in public.
So...don't say that birthdays don't matter. It is a day to be remembered. A day to be thankful for. A day for you to just drop everything and just be with those you love. A day to be cherished.
If that doesn't convince you, nevermind. I tried. And I can't make everyone see things through my brightly-lit lenses could I? After all "Variety is the spice of life".
Guess differences were created for a reason.
How does it feel like to be you?
How does it feel like to be me?
error
11:54 pm